At Byron Bay Public School Canteen we draw from and promote the NSW Healthy School Canteen Strategy. We offer a large variety of healthy food, drinks and snacks at our Canteen and we have vegetarian and gluten free choices available. Very importantly, our canteen menu is NUT free.
Our canteen is open everyday from 8.55am. Lunch orders need to be placed by 9.30am. Lunch is served at 11.20am with counter sales from 11.35am - 12 noon.
We also offer a very convenient online ordering system. Go to www.flexischools.com.au. You will need to register, then login. This takes the hassle out of finding change, counting and losing money and last minute writing up of orders. Lunches maybe ordered up to one week in advance, you may have recurrent orders and it places you in control of what your children are eating. This is the preferred method for lunch orders.
Alternatively, orders maybe written on a bag with the money placed inside and then put in the box at the canteen each morning before 9.30am.
Our canteen is operated by the Byron Bay Public School P&C Association. Mandy, our canteen supervisor and Jodie our canteen assistant, manage a dedicated group of volunteers to prepare lunches everyday. We rely on volunteers to help run the canteen. Mums, dads, grandparents, nannies are all most welcome to help! Morning tea and lunch are offered as part of your volunteer day.
Apart from helping the canteen run smoothly and be an enjoyable place to spend time, there are many reasons why you could volunteer in the canteen -
- You are part of a group of friendly supportive volunteers
- You contribute to the health and well being of our students by being part of our healthy canteen
- You give your child the message that school is a good place to be
- You are offered training, which can lead to further employment
- You meet school staff in a relaxed environment
- You are valued by the whole school community
- The community needs volunteers
- Your time makes running our canteen possible - just three hours a month is all it takes!
If you would like to help out in our Canteen, or would like more information, please contact the canteen through the office by telephone or you can email us at email@example.com
We look forward to seeing you in our Canteen!
To download a current price list please click on this link Canteen Menu
For further information about placing lunch orders online, please click on the links below